Fully Accessible Netherlands River Cruise
Various dates available!
6-day Netherlands River Cruise Holiday
Discover the harbour cities and fishermen’s towns of the Netherlands on a River Cruise with the modern PWA-ship. This 6-day vacation offers a unique River Cruise experience on a ship equipped with full accessibility. The river cruise vacation has a variety of starting dates! Contact us to find the best date for you!
The transfer brings the passengers from Amsterdam to the harbour of Arnhem, from where the cruise departs. The first stop is Kampen, where a local tour guide will introduce you the city that has over 500 monuments, 3 preserved city town portals and historical harbour. Kampen is one of the large Hanze Towns, being an important trading spot in the Middle Ages. On the following day, the cruise brings its passengers to Harlingen, a fishermen’s town in Friesland where you get to know the old city during a guided tour. The next destination is Terschelling, that is one of the Dutch Wadden Islands. You will travel around the island on a horse carriage with a local guide. On the next day, the cruise sails to Enkhuizen, a fishermen’s town that used to be the most important harbour cities in the Netherlands. On the last day, you arrive to the last destination, Meppel. From there, the transfer brings you to Amsterdam Schipol Airport.
The price includes:
- 6-days river cruise on a modern PWA-ship
- Tour guide
- Excursions in Kampen, Harlingen, Terschelling and Enkhuizen
- All meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee breaks with pastries
- Hand soap, shower gel and shampoo in the cabin
The price excludes:
- Transfer from Amsterdam Schipol Airport to the harbour of Arnhem*
- Transfer from Mepel to Schipol Airport*
- Airfare from point of departure to Amsterdam
*Some excluded costs can be shared with other passengers.
The modern PWA river cruise ship has 25 spacious accessible cabins and 23 cabins for co-travellers and assistants. The cabins on the ship are equipped with two electric high-low beds, a wash basin, a television, an alarm system and plenty of closet space. The cabins are not equipped with private bathrooms but there’s one large fully adapted bathroom available per 3 cabins. The bathrooms have step-free (wheel-in) showers, toilets with support rails on both sides and lowered wash basins. The wide sundeck is accessible with a large elevator that is spacious enough for a care bed. The entrance of the ship is wide and has a ramp. Furthermore, the river cruise ship has a bar and restaurant.
Wheelchairs and mobility scooters are allowed on the ship and can be used at all times. Additional mobility equipment can be delivered on the ship such as a hoist, a shower commode chair or other equipment.
People that can provide care assistance are available on the ship, so this trip is very suitable for those with even the most complicated health issues.
You'll be here!
Terms and conditions
- The price per person varies and depends on the number of participants for this holiday.
- The price is based on full board plus coffee, tea and pastries during the day and snacks at night.
- The prices are based on occupation of two persons in one room.
- An English-speaking tour leader will be on the ship to assist you and lead the tour excursions.
- The price is excluding the transfer to the river cruise dock in Utrecht and excluding the river cruise dock in Meppel. These prices can be provided based on the type of vehicle needed for the specific number of people.