Snorkeling is the practice of swimming on or through a body of water while equipped with a diving mask, a shaped breathing tube called a snorkel, and usually swim-fins. In cooler waters, a wet-suit may also be worn.
You don’t have to be able to swim, but you need to be able to put your face in the water without panicking to enjoy the experience.
Snorkeling is typically done in shallow water where you can watch life under the sea from the surface of the water. … The best places to snorkel are in warm, calm seas with clear water.
- Stingray City – Grand Cayman.
- Waterlemon Cay – St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Tobago Cays Marine Park – The Grenadines.
- Underwater Sculpture Park – Grenada.
- Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
- Champagne Beach – Dominica.
- Klein Bonaire – Bonaire.
- Thunderball Grotto – Exuma Cays, Bahamas.