Now in partnership with:
The MS Society provides services to people with multiple sclerosis and their families and funds research to find the cause and cure for this disease. We have a membership of 17,000 and are the only national voluntary organization in Canada that supports both MS research and services. Since our founding in 1948, the core support of the MS Society has been from tens of thousands of dedicated individuals, companies and foundations in communities across Canada. The Society receives almost no funding from government.
The MS Society is governed by a board of directors comprised of 14 volunteer members who are elected annually. There are seven regional divisions and more than 90 chapters that engage in many community-based activities.
Some 1,500 volunteers serve on MS national, division and chapter boards and committees. An estimated 13,500 women and men are volunteers for service programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
The head office of the MS Society is located in Toronto, Ontario. Division offices are located in Dartmouth, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
Mission and Values
The mission of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada is:
To be a leader in finding a cure for multiple sclerosis and enabling people affected by MS to enhance their quality of life.
At the MS Society of Canada, we uphold the following values:
- We believe in and work toward the full integration of people with multiple sclerosis in all aspects of life.
- We keep those affected by MS at the centre of our work at every level of the organization.
- We treat everyone with respect and dignity, and protect their privacy and rights to make decisions about their lives.
- We provide meaningful benefit to the greatest possible number of people affected by MS.
- We give hope to people affected by multiple sclerosis.
- We acknowledge the grassroots of our organization as one of its greatest strengths.
- We recognize that volunteers, donors, and employees are critical to our success, and we celebrate their commitment.
- We demonstrate ethical behaviour and integrity.
- We adhere to the highest standards of quality, transparency, and accountability.
- We create safe and collaborative environments that foster positive relationships.